Hours of Operation:
Summer 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. / Winter 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sunday - Saturday; Rec Center 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sunday - Saturday
Phone Number: (407) 254-9160
715 Capehart DR
Orlando, FL 32822
Points of Interest:
Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health of our citizens, Orange County has CLOSED the splash pads at Barber, Barnett, Bithlo, Capehart, Downey, and Dr. P. Phillips Community Parks and Fort Gatlin Recreation Complex’s pool until further notice.
This park has a tot lot for children ages 2 - 5, a fitness path, and a splash pad.
The splash pad is a great way to spend time with family and friends year round! Groups of 10 or more are required to pre-register and may be required to pay group fees prior to visiting; for information on group reservations, please contact the site directly. Access may change or splash pads may close due to inclement weather, unsafe conditions, maintenance, or special events; please call ahead to verify availability. At Capehart Park, children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper; swim diapers are available in the office for $2 each (exact change only).
Daily 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. (March – October)
Daily 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (November – February)
Youth Sports and Programs
- Always in Motion Dance Center presents Ballet classes on Thursdays 6 - 6:30 p.m. for ages 2 – 4, and 6:35 - 7:05 p.m. for ages 5 and older. Pointe Class for experienced and intermediate level dancers with approval by the instructor is held on Mondays 7:15 - 8:15 p.m. for ages 13 and older. Cost: $30 registration fee ($15 registration for each additional person) and $28 per month per person.
- Parents Night Out (grades K - 5th) allows you to drop off your child for a fun evening of games, crafts, a movie and activities. Pre-registration is required on the Monday before each event and space is limited; cost: $10 per child (bring birth certificate or progress report for verification). The program is held on the following Fridays 6 - 10 p.m.:
- May 1: "May The F1rst" Be With You!
- Seido Karate is a complete program emphasizing the integration of mind, body and spirit, and teaching confidence, discipline, focus and self-defense skills. Classes held Wednesdays and Fridays 6:15 – 7 p.m. for ages 6 – 12, and 7 - 8 p.m. for teens and adults. Saturdays 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. for ages 4 – 12, and 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. for teens and adults. Cost: first class free; $50 per year registration fee; $10 per class for one class per week; $8 per class for two classes per week; $6 per class for three of more classes per week. Special needs families are asked to speak to the instructor.
- Zumba for Kids ages 4 – 13 has fun and easy international dance moves, choreographed to international music. No dance experience required; this “exercise in disguise” will leave you wondering whether it was a workout or a party! Join the fun on Tuesdays 6-6:45 p.m.; cost: $20 per child per month.
- Line Dancing is a fun way to get moving! Join us for the Beginner class on Tuesdays 6 - 7 p.m. or the Intermediate classes on Monday and Fridays 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Cost: $5 per class.
- Seido Karate is a complete program emphasizing the integration of mind, body and spirit, and teaching confidence, discipline, focus and self-defense skills. Classes held Wednesdays and Fridays 7 - 8 p.m. and Saturdays 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. for teens and adults. Cost: first class free; $50 per year registration fee; $10 per class for one class per week; $8 per class for two classes per week; $6 per class for three of more classes per week. Special needs families are asked to speak to the instructor.
- Zumba is a fusion of Latin and international music combined with dance fitness moves to create a dynamic and effective cardiovascular and toning workout. Classes are held Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7 - 8 p.m. Cost: $5 per person per class.