Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Office Hours Monday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., closed Sunday
Phone Number: (407) 254-1940
8777 Winter Garden - Vineland Rd.
Orlando, FL 32836
Points of Interest:
Home of the Vera Carter Environmental Center which provides a variety of exhibits and displays. Hike on miles of trails and participate in ongoing environmental programs. No dogs or bicycles allowed.
With the exception of service animals, no pets are permitted in Tibet-Butler Preserve.
Programs and Activities
- Palmetto Passage is CLOSED.
- All other trails are open but flooded; water-proof boots are recommended.
- Trailblazer Hiking Program: hike 20 miles in the Preserve and get a free T-shirt! Register at the Preserve's Education office each time you visit.
- Bird Checklist
- Eco Education programs are offered for field trips, related to Florida plants, wildlife and conservation. Advanced scheduling and a minimum of 10 paid participants is required. For more information call 407-254-1940 or email Jill.Danzl@ocfl.net.
- EcoSaturdays are the perfect opportunity for a family outing to learn about the environment! Please note that adults must supervise their children through the duration of the class. Join us for these free programs at 11 a.m. on the following dates; classes are first come, first served up to class limit; seating is limited so please arrive early. Registration is not required.
- December 21: Bird Watching Basics -- It is birding season here in Florida! All you need to get started birding are three simple things: binoculars, a field guide and bird watching basics! After learning the basics, we will go outside to look for common birds in the Preserve. Suitable for ages 7 and up and limited to 30 participants.
- December 28: Guided Hike -- Learn about Florida’s ecosystems as we hike the trails. Come prepared to walk at least one mile; remember proper footwear, sunscreen and bug repellant. Ages 7 and up; limit 25
- Nature Nuts: Homeschool family programs offered the first two Tuesdays of the month, starting at 11am. Cost $2 per person. Pre-registration is required; to register or for more information, call 407-254-1940 or email Shawn.Cook@ocfl.net.